7 CFR § 273.2(a) & (c)(1)-(4)
The W-1E, Application for Benefits, must be readily available to potentially eligible EDGs. Provide an application to anyone who requests an application. Mail the application to the EDG no later than the next work day when requested by phone.
Encourage the EDG to file an application the day they contact DSS requesting information about SNAP. Tell the EDG that applying for SNAP does not affect time limits for other programs.
EDGs can apply:
- in-person at any field office,
- by mail by sending a W-1E, Application, to the DSS Scanning Center, or
- online at: https://connect.ct.gov/access/jsp/accessThe/Home.jsp.
Note: Offer the EDG a copy of their completed application, regardless of how the EDG applies. Offer the EDG the option to receive the copy in paper or an electronic format.
Workers must provide assistance, when requested, to help applicants and recipients:
- complete the application
- obtain verifications if needed, and
- register to vote. See Voter Registration Services.