Determining Income, Expenses and Deductions
7 CFR § 273.10(a)(1)(i)-(ii)
Establish eligibility by determining:
- if the EDG meets program rules, and
- if eligible, the benefit amount.
Base eligibility on the EDG’s anticipated circumstances for the month in which benefits will be issued. Determine eligibility for the entire month using the best estimate of:
- expenses, and
- information available for that month.
Calculate a monthly amount by gathering the following information for each income and expense source:
- when started,
- how often received,
- when received,
- period of time intended for, and
- known future changes.
Use the information to:
- budget current monthly circumstances, and
- identify future changes, if any.