The head of household for application purposes is the adult household member selected by the household to:
- complete and submit the application,
- select a PIN for the EBT card, and
- use the EBT card.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) - Public Law 104-191 which sets privacy standards to protect patients' medical records and other health information provided to doctors, health plans, hospitals, and other health care providers.
Hearing Officer - An appointed individual who provides an impartial and objective review of the agency’s actions against an EDG’s case. The hearing officer provides a fair decision of the agency’s actions, based on Federal laws and regulations.
- A halfway house or similar institution providing temporary residences for individuals intended to be institutionalized;
- Temporary accommodations in hotels, motels, or shelters;
- Temporary accommodations in the residence of another individual, for not more than 90 days; or
- A place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
For example, bus stations, hallways, lobbies, cars.