Canadian-born Native American - Native Americans born in Canada residing in the U.S. under Section 289 of the INA.
CAPER - Case and Procedural Error Rate
- Other items expected to last at least 12 months
- Real property
Capital Gains - Profit from the sale or transfer of capital assets.
Note: Count the full amount of the capital gains, even if only a percentage of the proceeds are taxed for Federal income tax purposes.
CCC - Colonial Cooperative Care
C-Corporation - A “C -Corporation” is a legal entity that is separate and distinct from its owners. Corporations are guided by a group of officers (board of directors). Corporations are owned by their stockholders, who share in the profits and losses generated through the firm’s operations. In the C-corporation, taxes are paid on business income by the corporation and not by the stockholders.
Certified Group (CG) - Individuals in a program EDG who are eligible to receive benefits.
Child Support - A decree, order, or judgment issued by a court of competent jurisdiction as the legal obligation of a person to provide periodic payments of support and maintenance for a child or children. Payments include, but are not limited to:
- Court costs
- Legal fees
- Monthly child support
- Other specific needs of the child or children
- Past-due (arrearage) payments if the payments were originally court-ordered.
- have been continually homeless for at least 1 year
- had at last 4 episodes of homelessness in the last 3 years.
- Any facility such as senior citizen's centers, apartment buildings occupied primarily by elderly or SSI individuals, or any public or nonprofit private school (tax exempt) which prepares meals especially for elderly individuals during special hours, and certain other public or private nonprofit establishments (tax exempt) which prepare and serve meals for elderly or SSI recipients.
- A private establishment under contract with a State or local agency to offer, at reduced prices, meals prepared especially for elderly or SSI recipients.
Note: The facility can accept SNAP benefits only after approval by FNS.
Contractual Income - A set amount paid for a specific period of time, usually based on a written agreement (contract). Contractual income does not include income that is paid on an hourly or piecework basis.
Controlled Substances - A drug or other substance as defined in section 802 of title 21, United States Code.
Examples: Amphetamines, Barbiturates, Cocaine, Ecstasy, LSD, Marijuana, and Opiates. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, caffeine, or tobacco.
Coverdell Education Savings Account - A United States trust or custodial account for the purpose of paying education expenses for a person. The account must be started when the person is under age 18, and can be used for elementary school through college.