Unemployment Compensation Benefits (UCB) - Benefits paid by the Connecticut Department of Labor to an individual whose job ended due to lay-off, firing without good reason, or quitting with good reason.
- a drug or alcohol addict not in a rehabilitation program with an indicator of unfitness for work, such as but not limited to:
- Fired from a job due to their addiction.
- High/drunk during the interview.
- chronically homeless. Chronically homeless individuals may not have access to upkeep of their personal hygiene or clothing, or appropriate clothing for an interview.
- mentally or physically unable to work based on the worker’s observation;
- mentally or physically unable to work as verified by a qualified health professional; or
- receiving any temporary or permanent disability benefits.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - An agency in the Department of Homeland Security. USCIS is responsible for non-citizenship procedures and rules. Formerly called the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INA).